ADN Online Application Instructions
BEFORE YOU START THE ONLINE APPLICATION: If you are not currently a Modesto Junior College (MJC) student, you must apply online
at www.mjc.edu. Students will receive their Student ID ‘W’ number via email within three business
days of applying.
- Applications are accepted for the ADN program once per year from May 1 through May
31. Students are selected from the annual applicant pool for both fall and spring
semesters of the upcoming year. Applicants must indicate which campus they would like to attend the nursing classes;
Options are MJC or Columbia College. An applicant may not select both.
- All applicants must be in good standing.
- Applicants will be selected based on a multicriteria screening process modeled after
Assembly Bill 548. Selected applicants will be required to provide information in
five separate categories and will be awarded points based on the information provided.
After the application period closes, the applicant pool is separated into two pools;
applicants selecting the MJC campus and those applicants selecting the Columbia College
campus. Initially 120 applicants for the MJC campus and the 40 applicants for the
Columbia College campus with the highest points will be selected to provide supporting
documentation. The final pool will consist of eighty students for the MJC campus and
20 students for the Columbia College campus. Students will be randomized for the fall
and spring semesters and a randomized selection process will be used to prioritize
students with tied points.
- The LVN to ADN Advanced Placement Pathway applicants and applicants transferring from
other nursing programs will be placed in separate applicant pools. Selection is competitive
and on a space available basis. Attempts are made to honor the applicant’s preference
of attending classes on either the MJC or the Columbia College campus. Placement into
the program will be determined on a case by case basis according to educational background.
- Applicants must have an MJC student identification ‘W’ number, PiratesNet password,
and an MJC student email address. All correspondence from the college regarding the
application will be sent to the MJC student email address. It is the student’s responsibility
to review and respond to email within prescribed timelines.
- The online application automatically saves information each time the applicant clicks
SAVE and RETURN LATER (will close page) or the SAVE and CONTINUE (will take you to
next page.) If required information is omitted for a section of the application, the
applicant will not be able to SAVE and CONTINUE to the next section. During the application
period, the applicant can SAVE and RETURN LATER to finish or make changes to the application
without losing information. Once the application is completed and reviewed, click
the SUBMIT button. After the application period closes, changes cannot be made to
- The online application is set to TIME OUT after 15 minutes; therefore be sure to click SAVE and CONTINUE or SAVE and RETURN LATER frequently
to avoid losing information.
- Do NOT use the BACK ARROW for your browser. Use the BACK button on the bottom of the online application page.
- Once the online application is submitted, a CONFIRMATION OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATION
will be sent to MJC student’s email account. The email will include links to the ONLINE
NURSING APPLICATION and the application SUMMARY. If you do not receive a CONFIRMATION
OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATION to your MJC student email account within 24 hours, check
the Spam folder. If the email is not in the Spam folder, send an email to MJCNursing@mjc.edu and report the problem.
- After receiving the online application, emails will be sent regarding the applicant’s
status. For an explanation of status codes and definitions, see Status Definitions and Codes for the ADN Online Application. Status codes may change for some applicants, so applicants are encouraged to check
their status code weekly if they were initially a qualified applicant who was not
- For technical problems while completing the online application, send an email toMJCNursing@mjc.edu. In the subject line of the email, enter APPLICATION ERROR CLAIM.
- For questions related to the application content, send an email to MJCNursing@mjc.edu.Do not call the Allied Health office to check on the status of your application.
- After all of the online applications have been prioritized according to points, the
top applicants will be asked to provide supporting documentation.
- The application SUMMARY will include the points received for the criteria on the online
application as well as the required documentation to provide if selected to provide
documentation. Being selected to provide supporting documentation does not mean program acceptance,
but it does mean you are amongst the top candidates being considered.
- To print out the Supporting Document Form install Adobe Reader on your computer. Supporting Documentation Forms
- If selected to provide supporting documentation (i.e. official academic transcripts,
Math Assessment Test score from another California Community College, Advanced Placement
scores from the Advanced Placement Board, TEAS score, Supporting Documentation Forms,
licenses or certifications, or verification of veteran status (DD-214), submit all
required documentation in person or by mail by the specified deadline. To receive points for a college degree, the degree must be posted on the official
transcript. We recommend that you have all documentation available at time of application. If
you have current official transcripts, AP scores or Assessment Test results on file
in MJC Enrollment Services or in the Columbia College Records Office, you will not need to submit additional official copies.
- IMPORTANT: All students must submit a copy of their application SUMMARY as evidence
of interest in the program even if transcripts are already on file the MJC Records
- Supporting documentation will be used to determine program eligibility. Incomplete or inconsistent documentation will automatically disqualify the applicant.
- If you believe an error was made in processing the application, send an email to MJCNursing@mjc.edu. In the subject line of email enter APPLICATION PROCESSING CLAIM.
- Applicants applying for the first semester of the ADN program will be disqualified
for entering prerequisite coursework from non-accredited institutions. Applicants
applying as transfers from other nursing programs or LVNs from non-accredited institutions will be determined on a case-by-case
basis. To determine if a college is accredited by one of the accrediting agencies
recognized by the U.S. click on http://www.graduateguide.com/accreditation_of_postsecondary_education_in_the_united_states.html
- To submit an Advanced Placement score to meet the Math Competency or the English 101
prerequisite, contact the Advanced Placement Board and request that AP Score(s) be
sent to MJC Enrollment Services. On this application you must enter a letter grade of C for an AP score. If you completed English 103, you may enter the letter grade for that course in
lieu of the C for the English AP score.
- Math Assessment Test scores will be accepted from any California community college.
Make a specific request for the Math Assessment Test score to be sent to MJC Enrollment
Services as assessment test scores are not included on official transcripts.
- Students with a degree from outside the United States must have transcripts evaluated
by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
An evaluation report must be submitted to the MJC Records Office. Credit for program
prerequisites on foreign transcripts is determined by the academic division offering
that specific course content.
- For more information, click Links to additional information.NOTE: Program information posted on social media websites such as Facebook and Twitter
should NOT be referenced or considered official MJC information.
- ADN Online Application: https://media.mjc.edu/StudentAccess/Default/Login.aspx?redTo=NursingOnlineAppMJ
Reminder: Do not call the Allied Health office to check on the status of your application.
Revised 8-2-17 kb/lr