Student Employment

The Great Valley Museum is always on the look out look for current students who have been approved for Federal Work Study or CalWorks.  The hourly pay rate for student employees is the current California minimum wage.  In order to be considered for employment all student employees must have at least 6 units during the Fall or Spring semester or 3 units during the Summer semester.  You must also be a US citizen or International Student authorized to work in the US.  In order to apply, please follow the link below to asses our open position on Jobspeaker.  Search for Great Valley Museum.

If you meet the above qualifications you may be invited to an interview.  Interviewees are chosen by evaluating the current qualified pool of applications.  Proper documentation will be required upon acceptance of employment. YCCD requires all new employees, including students, to undergo fingerprinting for criminal history background checks ($60+, depending on fingerprinting location). The cost of these checks are the new hires responsibility.



Traveling Teacher (Outreach) Employment

The Great Valley Museum (GVM) Traveling Teacher Program is a long established educational outreach program.  Our part-time teachers are sent to elementary schools throughout Stanislaus and adjacent counties and present material using visual aids and hands-on activities.   Each program is one to two hours in length and are adjusted for various grade levels.  Programs are correlated with the California Next Generation Science Standards (CA NGSS) whenever appropriate.  Traveling Teacher Program assignments vary from month to month and there is no guaranteed set number of programs or salary.  GVM Traveling Teachers are a stipend position and receive no benefits.  New hires must observe programs by an experienced teacher prior to assignment.  Observations are not paid.

Applicants must have working experience with elementary school students such as a summer camp counselor, classroom assistant, retired teacher or enrolled in a credential program.  Multiple Subject (Elementary) students or recent graduates of a credential program are encouraged to apply.  Applicants must have a current CA Drivers License, own mode of transportation and the ability to transport 2-4 bins of educational material to and from the school sites.  There is a personal vehicle mileage reimbursement.

Send your resume and application (below) to gvm@mjc.edu along with the days and times you are available.  Be sure to write "Traveling Teacher Application" in the subject line.