How to Add a Class
Important New Add Process
All classes have a census date. The census dates vary for short-term and full-term classes. Effective Summer 2016, students will ONLY be able to add a class PRIOR to the class CENSUS date. If you were waitlisted for a class or just attended the first day of class and obtained the “Access Code” from the instructor, you MUST add the class immediately, before census. If you do not add the class before CENSUS you will not be allowed to enroll in the class in the present semester and you will be referred to enroll in the class the following semester.
If you are already enrolled and you accidentally drop yourself from the class or the instructor drops you from the class before census, you will need to submit a “Request for Reinstatement” form to your instructor for approval.
- You can find the “Census Date” for each of your classes on your class schedule. It is listed as the same day as the “drop w/out W” date. Please note for short-term classes this could be the same day as your first class meeting.
- You can complete the “Request for Reinstatement” form.
If you have questions about this new process please call our Enrollment Services Office at 209-575-6853.
Have a great semester!
Adding a class to your schedule
Log into PiratesNet, then select current students and under the Registration heading select Register For Classes / Build Class Schedule. You will need to have your class section number ready. *Note: The section number is located on the Class Search page.
In order to add a class that has already begun, you must obtain an access code from the instructor and then add the class online by using the access code. After you have added a class to your schedule, fees are immediately due and can be paid on PiratesNet, by mail, or at the Business Services Office on the East campus. Questions regarding fees please contact the Business Services Office at (209) 575-6828.
To add an online class that you are not currently on the waitlist for, you will need to log into PiratesNet, select Current Students and then click on Electronic Add Card Request (for Online Classes). Complete the request form and select submit. The request will be sent to the instructor and they will reply by email letting you know if your request was approved. The email approval from the instructor is now your access to add. You may then add a class online.
To add a short-term class, you may add online through PiratesNet or in person on or after your registration date and time until the day before the class starts. To add a class after it starts you will need to attend the next class meeting and obtain an access code from the Instructor.
To add yourself to the waitlist if the class is full, you can go online to PiratesNet. If you need help you can contact Enrollment Services at 209-575-6853.
*Note: If you get the message "waitlist full" it means the maximum amount of students that can add to waitlist has been reached. You will need to attend the first class meeting and request an add card even if you are not on the waitlist. Please be aware that your chances of getting an add card are better if you are on the waitlist.
Add a class online
If an instructor approves your access to add, here’s how to proceed:
1. Log into PiratesNet
2. Click on the Current Student Menu
3. Under the heading “Registration” click Add class with access code.
4. On the next screen you will need to type in the section number of the course (the four digit code that identifies the course you are adding).
5. Under Term, click on the down arrow and select the current term. For instance 2015MFA or 2016MSP.
6. The last column is asking for the access/add code the instructor gave you.
7. You may repeat these steps for each course you have received an access code for.
8. Once you are finished, click submit at the bottom of the page.
For further assistance, please contact the Student Help Desk at 209.575.7900.