Foster Youth and Homeless Youth Resources
Foster Youth Eligibility for Priority Registration
You need to have been in foster care between the ages of 13-18 at least one day, up until the age of 25.
Chafee Grant Eligibility
The California Department of Social Services will determine your foster youth eligibility status.
Before You Start Tips
- MJC Application - Make sure that you indicate that you are a current or former foster youth to receive information and guidance on all available services (including Priority Level 1 registration).
- Complete Core Steps, required for Priority Registration.
- FAFSA - Make sure that you indicate your current or previous foster youth status (to skip parental information requirement), and to receive information on additional grant opportunities.
- FAFSA - Student Homelessness Questions
Help Getting Started
Visit our Getting Started at MJC homepage. Follow each section using the step by step guides, get tips, and view resources that will assist you - from applying to MJC, applying for financial aid, registering for classes, and all the way through to zero textbook course options, we are here to guide you!
MJC Foster Youth Contacts
- Liz Camboia - Foster Youth Liaison (Enrollment and Ongoing Support)
- Barbara Bond - Enrollment Services (Priority Level 1 Registration)
- Christina Polack - Financial Services (Chafee Grant Status & Verification)
- MJC Foster Youth Presentation
- Priority Level 1 Registration
- Foster Youth Checklist & Tips
- Loss of Priority Registration Appeal Form - Check the box that says (*I belong to one or more of the following MJC Programs: Homeless/Foster Youth)
- California Chafee Grant Program
- FAFSAor Cal Dream Act Application.
- MJC's federal school code is 001240.
- MJC's school code for the Cal Dream application is 00124000.
- Financial Aid Guide for Foster Youth (English/Spanish)
- Questions and Answers Federal Student Aid and Homeless Youth
- MJC Scholarships
- Finding and Applying for Scholarships (FAFSA)
- WebGrants 4 Students
- CA Student Aid Commission (CSAC) Resources for Foster Youth
Health and Wellness
- Click Here for MJC Housing Navigator Information - Housing assistance for students under the age of 24
- Employment readiness
- Education resources
- CAL-Fresh/CAL-Works connections
- Referral to mental health services
- Referral to substance use treatment
- Financial budgeting help
- Emergency assistance (food, water, hygiene, clothing)
- Stanislaus County Housing & Homeless Access Center - Housing Assistance - Modesto, CA
- 912 D Street Modesto
211 Stanislaus County - Connecting Stanislaus County Residents to Current Health & Human Service Information
- Homeless Shelter and Food Bank Directory