Resources for Foster Youth
- Chafee Grant
- Foster Youth Checklist & Tips
- Guardian Scholars
- Health & Wellness
- Housing and Homelessness Resources at MJC
- Priority Registration
- Registration Help
- Fee Waivers, FAFSA or CA Dream Act Application Assistance
MJC Foster Youth Contacts
- Liz Camboia - Foster Youth Liaison (One-on-One Support, Referals, Registration & Financial Aid Application Assistance)
- Barbara Bond - Enrollment Services (Priority Level 1)
- Cristal Gallegos - Counselor (Academic, Personal, Crisis & Career)
- Christina Polack Financial Services (Chafee Grant Status & Verification)
1. Core Steps must be completed.
2. You will need to have been in foster care - between the ages of 13-18 at least one day, up until the age of 25.
Additional MJC Program Contacts
- Accommodations and Support Center (ASC)
- Dual Enrollment (High School Students)
- Foster & Kinship Care Education Program information
Chafee Grant Eligibility
The California Department of Social Services will determine your foster youth eligibility status.
WebGrants 4 Students - Set up to manage your Cal Grant and/or Chafee account(s), and Cal Dream Act
Check your student email for important communications regarding required documents, or your award letter.
Visit our Getting Started at MJC homepage for step-by-step guides, tips, and resources that will assist you.