Resources for Foster Youth and Homeless Youth
- Foster Youth Checklist & Tips
- Priority Registration
- Registration Help
- FAFSA and CA Dream Act Application Assistance
- Chafee Grant
- MJC Housing Navigator
MJC Foster Youth Contacts
- Liz Camboia - Foster Youth Liaison (Registration and Ongoing Support)
- Cristal Gallegos - Foster Youth & EOPS Counselor (Academic, Career and Personal Counseling Services)
- Barbara Bond - Enrollment Services (Priority Level 1)
- Christina Polack Financial Services (Chafee Grant Status & Verification)
GUIDE 110 Introduction to College
This online course is being offered through the Dual Enrollment program and is open to all Foster Youth high school students aged 13-18.
For more information reach out to Foster Youth Liaison, Liz Camboia
Additional MJC Program Contacts
- Disability Services & Programs for Students (DSPS)
- Dual Enrollment (High School Students)
- Foster & Kinship Care Education Program information
Help with MJC & Financial Aid Applications
Visit our Getting Started at MJC homepage. Follow each section using the step by step guides, get tips, and view resources that will assist you.
Eligibility & Tips
To Qualify for Priority Registration
1. Core Steps must be completed.
2A. You will need to have been in foster care - between the ages of 13-18 at least one day, up until the age of 25.
2B. In the case of a former homeless youth - a student under 25 years of age, who has been verified, at any time during the 24 months immediately preceding the application for admission.
Chafee Grant Eligibility
The California Department of Social Services will determine your foster youth eligibility status.
WebGrants 4 Students - WGS will allow you to manage your Cal Grant and/or Chafee account(s), and Cal Dream Act
Tips - MJC Application, FAFSA or CA Dream Act
Check your student email for important communications regarding required documents, or your award letter.
MJC Health and Wellness
Financial Aid Resources
MJC Housing Navigator - Housing assistance for students under the age of 24