Housing and Homelessness Resources
- Cares Act Funding
- FLOW (Free Lunch on Wednesdays)
- Housing Resources
- MJC Health Services
- Pirate Care
- Pirates Pantry
Pirates Pantry Program Specialist - Jonathan Arias
MJC Priority Registration Resources
To Qualify for Priority Registration
1. Core Steps must be completed.
2. In the case of a former homeless youth - a student under 25 years of age, who has been verified, at any time during the 24 months immediately preceding the application for admission.
3. Send homeless verification letter to Enrollment Services
Help with MJC & Financial Aid Applications
Visit our Getting Started at MJC homepage. Follow each section using the step by step guides, get tips, and view resources that will assist you.
- FAFSA - Student Homelessness Questions
- Questions and Answers Federal Student Aid and Homeless Youth
- Students that are under the age of 24, are required to provide parental information.
- Please view the FAFSA website for information on special circumstances.
MJC Housing Navigator - Housing assistance for students under the age of 24, that live in Stanislaus County.
The counseling office is currently offering remote services. Reach out to Housing Navigator, Abigail Williams, for assistance.
- CA COVID-19 Rent Relief
- CDSS Housing and Homelessness Programs
- Community Housing and Shelter Services (Modesto, CA)
- Family Resource Directories
- Project Yes - a youth employment service
- Stanislaus Emergency Rental Assistance Program
- Stanislaus County Emergency Shelter Information
- Stanislaus County Housing & Homeless Access Center
- 912 D Street Modesto
- 211 Stanislaus County
- Homeless Emergency Aid Program - John Burton Advocates for Foster Youth
- Homeless Shelter and Food Bank Directory
- AB 302 Parking: homeless students
- AB 801 Success for Homeless Youth in Higher Education Act
- AB 1995 - Community colleges: homeless students: access to shower facilities
- Education Code 76011- Shower facilities for student use on campus
- Yosemite Community College District Policies and Administrative Procedures - 5220 Shower Facilities for Homeless Students
- McKinney-Vento Act
- Senate Bill No. 958 (AMENDED MARCH 16, 2020)