Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we will not be offering GED classes until Fall 2021. Please check back periodically for updated information.
NOTE: MJC is NOT a G.E.D testing facility. Classes are offered to prepare students for the official test.
If you are interested in future G.E.D classes, please fill out our G.E.D Interest Form.
(Class dates and times to be determined. Please check back periodically.)
You can find information regarding taking the GED tests on the GED Website.
Mandatory Pre-Testing will be conducted on the first day of class. If you registered for class you MUST attend the pre-testing session.
The Modesto Junior College GED Preparation Program classroom is equipped with 20 computers with GED software to help you prepare for the subject(s) you need to pass the Official GED Test.
- Students take a GED Pre-Test to evaluate the subject(s) that they need to prepare for.
- Students will enroll in the class subject(s) that they need to prepare for the official test. Classes will include both lecture and computer components.
- A syllabus will be provided for each class.
- Students will take a Post-Test to evaluate the progress that has been made in each subject.
- Students must commit to positive attendance for the entire weeks of the class(es).
Ready for the Official GED Test without preparation?
Login to the GED website to schedule a test at a certified testing facility.
Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of GED test centers are currently closed.
In the event that the test center where you’ve booked your appointment has closed, you should have been notified via email that your test appointment has been canceled and you will automatically be refunded your testing fees. You can reschedule your test by logging into your GED.com account when the testing site has reopened, or at another open test center.
For more information call (209) 575-7889 or email: email@example.com.