Healthy Living Events
Spring 2022: Virtual Schedule
- Dr. Juan Lopez Solorza, MD
- Tuesday, January 25, 2022
Learn the history of influenza vaccine, how it remains in the top 10 causes of death, how the vaccine works and why it is important to get.
STIs/Contraceptives (Birth Control)
- Dr. Carla Antypas, DO
- Wednesday, February 9, 2022
Discussing the prevalence of the most common STIs, including Gonorrhea, Chlamydia and Syphilis. Discussing different forms of birth control, especially forms of long-term contraceptives.
NAMI: In Our Own Voice
- Sean Rodgers - Personal Trainer, Mental Health Advocate, and Writer Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology from California State University Hayward
- Maggie Strong - Local Artist, Peer Navigator for Mental Health Services
- Tuesday, February 22, 2022
NAMI: In Our Own Voice is a unique presentation in which two trained speakers along with a video, share their compelling and personal stories of living with a mental health challenge and achieving recovery. This presentation is designed to shatter negative stereotypes against people with mental health conditions. The speakers will share their experiences with major depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, schizophrenia, and borderline personality disorder and other brain disorders are discussed. NAMI “In Our Own Voice” demonstrates that recovery is possible.
- Dr. Navneet Dullet, MD
- Tuesday, March 8, 2022