Contact Information for Curriculum Questions/Technical Assistance
Phone: (209) 575-6977
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. OR
Microsoft Teams Chat with Heather Townsend or Kelly Addington
Contact Information for Assessment Assistance (Assessment is under the Institutional Research Department)
Curriculum Development, Review and Approval
A college curriculum - its breadth and rigor of courses, requirements for degrees and certificates, and the pathways that attending students take to finish them - is what defines the educational quality of an institution. At this site faculty, staff, and administrators at Modesto Junior College can find resources to support the creation, ongoing review, and management of curriculum - courses, degrees, and certificates at MJC, in support of the MJC mission.
The Modesto Junior College Curriculum Committee reviews curriculum and academic policies to ensure compliance with Title 5 and California Education Code prior to recommendation to the District Governing Board for final approval. The committee also ensures that curriculum is sound, comprehensive, and responsive to the evolving needs of our students as well the academic, business, and local communities.
Approved by the Curriculum Committee (11/18/14)
- Curriculum meetings are open to the public. Attendance is encouraged for those who develop or are impacted by proposed changes to curriculum.
- All scheduled meetings can be found at this link: Meeting Dates and Location
- Course and program proposals approved now through fall 2023 (Last October meeting) will take effect for the fall 2024 catalog and schedule. Starting November 2023, approvals are effective for the catalog and schedule in fall 2025.
- All Curriculum Committee Meetings are recorded.
- Meeting Agendas and Minutes can be found at the following link:
- F-18 Evidence Form
- Course Outlines of Record/View in eLumen without Logging In to System: MJC/eLumen Public Site
- Curriculum Committee Unit Review Process Document
- AB 705: What is AB 705?
- ACCJC Accreditation Standards (Adopted June 2014)
- Approved TMC Templates at the CCCCO
- Articulation Office
- ASSIST Login and Password Information
- Chancellor's Office Curriculum Inventory
- Check the status of a statewide TMC (ADT) at MJC (Rev. 01/27/2023)
- Class Capacity Process and Form Click on link and then download the form to your download folder in order to save fillable format.
- Curriculum Review Matrix for 2018-2023 (Approved 11/21/17)
- Curriculum Review Matrix for 2013-2018 (Approved 09/10/13)
- C-ID PowerPoint
- Course Proposal Justification Form (Approved by CC 11/04/14, rev. 11/24/14)
- Course Quality and Currency Criteria (Approved March 20, 2018)
- Meeting Documents and Resolutions
(Sunset Policy, Independent Study Form, Resolution F 15-D, Curriculum Review Process, Course Justification form and more)
- Curriculum Committee Review Process (Approved by Academic Senate 04/16/15)
- How to review an MJC course to see if it aligns with a C-ID descriptor
- Program and Course Approval Handbook 8th Edition (PCAH)
- CCC Curriculum Submission & Approval Technical Manual (Used by Curriculum Specialist for submissions)
CCCCO News and Documents
COCI System Advisory (Publicaton of Dates for COCI Downtime)