Community Education offers classes and trips that are not-for-credit. They are open to everyone. You can learn a new skill, craft, computers, or take a day trip - or an extended trip. We have adult classes and children's classes - something for everyone!
NOTE: There will be an additional $5 Registration Fee charged for any registration (excluding Trips and Motorcycle Training classes) for ANY (phone, in person, fax, mail) registration that is not done at www.mjc4life.org.
SUMMER 2020: FACE-TO-FACE CLASSES WILL NOT BE HELD
How to Register for an ONLINE COURSE:
- Go to our website - www.mjc4life.org.
- Once at that site, select "courses" from left hand navigation bar. Find the category/subcategory for your class and select. (Tip: if a class you are looking for doesn't seem to fit a specific category you will probably find it under Lifestyle/Personal Interest). OR
- Select Search from the left hand navigation bar and type a word in the title in the Course field. To see the description and class information click on the title. We have ONLINE classes available to choose from.
- Once you find the class you want to register for, click "add to cart" on the right hand side of the course description.
- You will then be able to pay for the classes in your cart and by using a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover, credit card or debit card.
You can continue to add additional classes to your cart - then check out see the right hand side of screen. If you have previously registered through this site enter your user name and password (call our office at (209) 575-6063 if you have forgotten either one) or if you are new to this site, click on "new student profile" and fill in the fields.
SUMMER 2020 Trips - NO TRIPS IN JUNE & JULY
SUMMER 2020 OFFICE HOURS - CURRENTLY CLOSED HOWEVER STAFF IS WORKING REMOTELY. FOR MORE INFORMATION, EMAIL email@example.com, OR CALL (209) 575-6063, MONDAY THRU THURSDAY, 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM.
MODESTO JUNIOR COLLEGE CLOSED
Dear MJC Community Education Students,
in response to the current situation, MJC is announcing the following:
At this time college offices will remain closed through the END OF JUNE at which time campus leadership will revisit updated guidelines.
- When a return to campus becomes possible we will immediately notify all students, employees and community members.
- MJC regular classes are now in remote learning mode.
As stated by MJC President James L.J. Houpis, Ph.D, "During this critical time, please take care of yourselves. Rest, exercise, stay hydrated, and please use the resources available to you. Be sure to comply with Governor Newsom's Stay at Home order so we can return to a face to face world. While today may be hard to face, I am confident, that tomorrow and the days that follow will see us overcome this crisis."
We encourage you to visit the following link for daily updates on the college and public information on Coronavirus developments in our County.https://www.mjc.edu/news/coronavirus2020.php
Please do not hesitate to contact us during regular SUMMER office hours, 7:30 AM TO 5:30 PM MONDAY THRU THURSDAY, if you have any questions, we are currently working remotely. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a message at (209) 575-6063.
Manager, Community Education & Contract Programs
Community Education Specialist
Vicki Vander Veen
Program Technician [Travel Programs]
Community Education Specialist