Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Health Services is now operating remotely.
To be connected to a nurse, make an appointment with a mental health provider, or for general questions, please call us Monday - Friday:
From 8-12pm, call 209-575-6281
From 1-5pm, call 209-575-6038
For information and resources on COVID-19 and please visit the following websites:
- Self-Care and Wellness Apps: Includes a list of free downloadable apps for stress reduction, sleep help, suicide prevention, self-harm support, meditation, and general self-care.
- Wellness Resources and Services during COVID-19: Developed by MJC's Library and Learning Center, includes tips on taking care of ourselves.
- MJC COVID-19 information: Includes ongoing communication from MJC leaders, with links to staff, faculty, and student continuity information.
- Stanislaus County Public Health: Current COVID-19 and other health statistics and recommendations from our county.
- California Department of Public Health: Current COVID-19 and other health statistics and recommendations from California
- Breastfeeding and COVID-19 English & Spanish
- Health Plan of San Joaquin and COVID-19
- CA Community College Health and Wellness: Resource list of COVID-19 resources. Includes weekly student chat opportunities and suggestions on managing stress and anxiety.
- TenPercentHappier: Free COVID-19 Sanity Guide with practical, actionable ways of coping with stress, fear, and anxiety.
- Income Resources: Current government benefits and financial aid resources that may provide financial relief in the short and long term.
Wellness Central is a free online health and wellness resource that is available 24/7 in your space at your pace. Topics include: Academic Wellness, Anxiety, Birth Control, Financial Wellness, First Generation, Homeless and Housing Support, Hunger, Mood & Food, Stress, Hunger, Natural Remedies, PrEP HIV, Sexual Health, Veterans. Click the image below:
Starting Monday, 4/6/20: Pirate Care will offer 24/7 free medical services, on-demand from your mobile device or computer. Medical providers can assess and diagnose common conditions (ex: cold, flu, urinary tract infections, and sinus infections).
MJC Health Services
Nursing and other services listed below are limited due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Please call us for more information.
Mental Health Services
We are here to support you during the COVID-19 outbreak:
Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Call 1-800-273-8255 or text "COURAGE" to 741741
MJC Crisis Counseling: Email or leave a voice mail at 209-575-6147 and Eric Garcia or Natalie Hassell, MJC Crisis Counselors, will return your call ASAP.
MJC Mental Health Therapy Appointments: 1-on-1, one-hour appointments available. To schedule, call us:
- From 8-12pm, call 209-575-6281
- From 1-5pm, call 209-575-6038
Pirate Care offers 24/7 free and unlimited access to a mental health provider from a mobile device or computer.