A student may enroll in most courses with the option of one of two grading methods: (1) letter grade (A-F) or (2) Pass/No Pass (P/NP), formerly (CR/NC). The student must elect the P/NP option no later than the first 30% point of the class for full and short term classes. If 30% falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline to file P/NP is the preceding business day. *Note: Not all courses offer the P/NP grading option.
Request the Pass/No Pass by selecting one of the options below:
E-mail or In-Person
- Select Pass/No Pass to print the form * Photo identification required.
- E-mail: MJCESeForms@mjc.edu (EMAILED FORMS MUST BE SIGNED & SUBMITTED USING YOUR MJC STUDENT EMAIL, OTHERWISE IT WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.)
- Visit Enrollment Services, East campus in the Student Services Building Rm 102, or West campus in Yosemite Hall Rm A118 to complete the form.
- The form must be received by the deadline date or it will not be processed.
- The P/NP cannot be revoked after the 30% deadline.
- Because transfer institutions often do not accept P/NP grades in a student's major, the college recommends that courses in the major be taken for a letter grade.
- None of the units attempted under the P/NP grading option are used in computing the student's grade point average. However, units attempted for which (NP) is recorded are counted in determining progress probation and progress dismissal. Fourteen units of P/NP may be used toward graduation.
- Some institutions may consider "NP" the same as "F".
- For students who have a financial obligation to the college or any other type of hold on their records the Pass/No Pass form will not be processed. You can refer to your student class schedule for individual class deadline dates.