A student may enroll in most courses with the option of one of two grading methods: (1) letter grade (A-F) or (2) Pass/No Pass (P/NP), formerly (CR/NC). The student must elect the P/NP option no later than the first 30% point of the class for full and short term classes. If 30% falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline to file P/NP is the preceding business day. *Note: Not all courses offer the P/NP grading option.
- The form must be received by the deadline date or it will not be processed.
- The P/NP cannot be revoked after the 30% deadline.
- Because transfer institutions often do not accept P/NP grades in a student's major, the college recommends that courses in the major be taken for a letter grade.
- None of the units attempted under the P/NP grading option are used in computing the student's grade point average. However, units attempted for which (NP) is recorded are counted in determining progress probation and progress dismissal. Fourteen units of P/NP may be used toward graduation.
- Some institutions may consider "NP" the same as "F".
- For students who have a financial obligation to the college or any other type of hold on their records the Pass/No Pass form will not be processed. You can refer to your student class schedule for individual class deadline dates.