2023 - 2024 Freeze Dates
Fall 2023: October 30, 2023
Spring 2024: March 18, 2024
What is a Freeze Date?
All classes a student is enrolled in by the Freeze Date for each semester determines the maximum amount of federal aid a student is eligible to receive for that semester. It is a students best interest to make add/drop changes for the entire semester by the Freeze Date!
How does the Freeze Date Work?
If you are eligible for financial aid, the grant amount you will receive will be based on enrolled units by the Freeze Date. Your financial aid eligibility for a semester will be based on your enrollment status as recorded on a Freeze Date. Important information you MUST read:
- California College Promise Grant (CCPG Fee Waiver) is NOT affected by the Freeze Date.
- Audited and wait-listed courses do not count as enrolled units for financial aid purposes.
- Classes added after the Freeze Date will not be included in your financial aid enrollment status for that semester and will not increase your financial aid eligibility.
- Classes dropped after the Freeze Date will not be deducted from the financial aid
you received unless you drop ALL course(s) OR unless you never attended the class.
If you never attended a class you received a refund for, you will incur a financial aid overpayment.
- The enrollment status for students who have not been awarded financial aid by the Freeze Date will be based on enrollment the day financial aid is awarded.
PLEASE double check your enrollment status on PiratesNet prior to a Freeze Date to ensure you are properly registered in the correct courses!
The Freeze Date is ONLY for financial aid purposes - it does not affect any other eligibility!