The Collaborative at Modesto Junior College provides activities and resources to enhance the academic and personal success of our students of color. Emphasis is placed on African American and Hispanic students. Our goal is to encourage and promote academic success as it relates to setting realistic academic and personal goals and effectively utilizing academic resources and support services to achieve desired results. We promote personal growth and development through self-analysis and intervention. While at the same time, we collaborate with local community-based organizations willing to serve as a resource for mentoring, enhancing professional skills, and/or broad based networking.
- Academic and Financial Literacy Workshops
- Career Talk-Success Lectures Series
- Volunteer Opportunities in Professional Settings
- Connecting to Resources: TRiO SSS, EOPS, DSPS, UMOJA and many others
Service Area Outcomes (SAO)
1. To help students access state and federal financial aid to meet their full financial needs. Provide financial aid workshops to help students complete forms and file an online application in a timely manner.
2. Familiarize students with transfer admissions requirements to CSU and UC universities while promoting transfer application workshops for CSU and UC Admissions Applications.
Support Service Learning Outcomes (SSLO)
1. Students will be able to differentiate between Student Financial Aid awards and Pell grant requirements.
2. Students will be able to identify the CSU and UC admissions/transfer requirements.
3. Students will be able to complete the CSU and UC Online Admissions Application process.
Ulises Ochoa Diaz, M.A.Ed.