The Collaborative at Modesto Junior College provides activities and resources to enhance the academic and personal success of our students of color. Emphasis is placed on African American and Hispanic students. Our goal is to encourage and promote academic success as it relates to setting realistic academic and personal goals and effectively utilizing academic resources and support services to achieve desired results. We promote personal growth and development through self-analysis and intervention. While at the same time, we collaborate with local community-based organizations willing to serve as a resource for mentoring, enhancing professional skills, and/or broad based networking.
- Enrollment and Financial Aid application assistance
- Referrals to community resources
- Textbook and Chromebook Loan Program
- Access to Specialists for meeting academic and personal goals
- Academic Advising- Comprehensive Ed Plan Referrals
- Career Talk- Success Lecture Series, Academic, Financial Literacy, and Informational Workshops
- Access to RISE UP Center Computer Lab
- Volunteer Opportunities in Professional Settings
- Connecting to Resources: TRiO SSS, EOPS, DSPS, UMOJA and many others
Program Student Learning Outcomes (PSLO)
- Students will have an opportunity to engage in a community of peers and staff that identify with their personal and academic experiences
- Students will be engaged in workshops and sessions that allow for increase persistence and completion rates
- Students will be able to identify the resources available at Modesto Junior College towards the successful completion of their academic goals
- Students will be able to demonstrate comprehension of personal and academic expectations of the college environment
Ulises Ochoa Diaz, M.A.Ed.