- 24/7 Health and Human Services Help: For Stanislaus County residents, call 2-1-1 or go to stanislauscounty211.org for assistance with food, housing, health, transportation, mental health, substance use, and legal services.
- 24/7 Domestic Violence Hotline, call (800) 799-7233 or click Chat Now; Call 911 if you or the person you are helping is in immediate danger.
- 24/7 Free Medi-Nurse Call Line for COVID-19 Questions: Operated through CA Dept. of Health Care Services, for those without insurance or for those with Medi-Cal but without a regular doctor. Call (877) 409-9052 to speak with a nurse.
- 24/7Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Call 1-800-273-8255 or text "COURAGE" to 741741
- 24/7 Mental Health Support: Offered through Stanislaus County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services. If you have a concern about your mental health or the mental health of a loved one, please call us at (209) 558-4600. We can help connect you to the appropriate behavioral health care and/or community support. To learn more visit Stanislaus County Behavioral and Health Recovery Services.
- Pirate Care offers 24/7 free and unlimited access to a mental health provider from a mobile device or computer.
Everyone in California will have an opportunity to get vaccinated against COVID-19 at no cost. Are you eligible now? Find out by visiting My Turn. It only takes a few minutes. If you’re eligible, you can view vaccine locations and schedule appointments. If it’s not your turn yet or appointments are not available, you can register to be notified when you’re eligible or when appointments open up.
CURATIVE MOBILE TESTING UNIT now available at Modesto Junior College (Starting 3/3/21):
The Curative mobile testing unit is hosting FREE COVID testing at Modesto Junior College, East Campus, on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10-4pm. Tests are saliva-based, no nasal swab required, and results are generally available within 24-48 hours. Tests are free to take, even if you do not have insurance, and documentation status is neither required or reported. Appointments are made available four days before the testing day. Walk-ups are available but limited. If you have insurance, please bring your information with you. Go to cur.tv/MJC to make an appointment. You can visit www.curative.com to learn more about additional testing locations and their self-administered oral PCR test. Call 888-702-9042 with questions.
- For additional COVID-19 test locations in California, click HERE
Local and State Public Health
- Stanislaus County Public Health: Current COVID-19 health statistics, testing information, and recommendations from our county.
- California Department of Public Health: Current COVID-19 and other health statistics and recommendations from California
- Have you lost a loved one to COVID-19? Jessica's House offers grief support to children, teens, young adults, and their families
- HEALTHY HIGHWAY, sponsored by Health Plan of San Joaquin: Daily pick-ups of FREE food, nutrition and exercise programs. Monday – Friday from 2-5pm, 628 Lincoln Center, Stockton.
- Health Plan of San Joaquin and COVID-19 (English and Spanish): Medical care and access information for those with Health Plan of San Joaquin insurance.
- Income Resources: Current government benefits and financial aid resources that may provide financial relief in the short and long term.
- Breastfeeding and COVID-19 English & Spanish
Getting a flu vaccine is more important than ever during 2020-2021 to protect yourself and the people around you from flu, and to help reduce the strain on healthcare systems responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit your local pharmacy or healthcare provider to get your flu vaccine, free with most insurance!
Can a flu vaccine give you the flu? Is it better to get sick with flu than to get a flu vaccine?
Are there any drugs that can prevent COVID-19? Do antibiotics work against COVID-19?