Campus Life Mission Statement
The mission of Campus Life and Student Learning: is to enhance students’ collegiate experience through leadership development, service learning and extracurricular activities ensuring that the student always comes first.
- Identify and attract students who will benefit from Campus Life & Student Learning programs and contribute to the diversity of the educational, social, and cultural environment of the campus.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of activities, programs, and services in meeting students' needs and develop ways to improve them.
- Provide student services and programs that will facilitate academic success, personal growth, and global awareness.
- Encourage student participation in activities that will help build an appreciation of cultural diversity and expression, communications skills, leadership skills, civic responsibility, personal and professional accountability, self-discipline, self-understanding, self-confidence, and a set of personal and professional goals and values.
- Promote student/faculty/staff/administrator interaction as a means of improving the quality of campus life.
Campus Life Vision Statement
- The vision of Campus Life & Students Learning is a campus full with school spirit and student engagement.
Campus Life & Student Learning’s Values
We embrace diversity meaning we respect, accept, value and appreciate differences in age, gender, ethnicity, education, physical abilities, race, religion and sexual orientation
We encourage students to take an active role in influencing institutional, local, national and global matters. We empower them to advocate for themselves, their fellow students, their community and the rights of others.
We value, respect, and understand that equity is not equality. We see equity as meeting students where they are in life and understanding that that starting point for each student is different
We are committed to every single student knowing that there is a place for them on campus, in our community and in the world
We prepare students for the leadership roles they will currently hold and the roles they will assume in our global society. This is accomplished through intentional learning, sound academic inquiry and active reflection. We provide opportunities to develop the leadership competencies that will allow students to create meaningful change in their respective communities.
The collegiate experience has a unique and significant influence on personal growth and development. We are committed to the development of the total student in all aspects of intellectual, personal, and professional growth
Six Ways You Will Be Successful at MJC
MJC is committed to living transformation! We do this through educational programs and services informed by the latest approaches to teaching and learning. MJC is a dynamic, innovative environment meeting needs of the ever-changing populations of our regional community.
We invite you to join us in a partnership for your success! Our role in the partnership is to thoughtfully and meaningfully integrate the RP Group research findings related to the Six Success Factors of Student Achievement.
- Directed - students have a goal and know how to achieve it
- Focused - students stay on track—keeping their eyes on the prize
- Connected - students feel somebody that wants to, and helps them to succeed
- Engaged - students actively participate in class and extracurricular activities
- Nurtured - students feel like they are part of the college community
- Valued - students’ skills, talents, abilities, and experiences are recognized; they have opportunities to contribute on campus and feel their contributions are appreciated
Campus Life & Student Learning Service Area Outcome (SAO)
Students will have the opportunity to gain leadership training and development.
Campus Life-Support Service Learning Outcome (SSLO)
Students entering the Project LEAD program will increase skills regarding MJC History, Teamwork, Conflict Resolution, and Time Management.